So now that I’ve got a vague idea of what I’m doing at training sessions, I’ve decided to do this turn of the 21 Day Challenge! and my overriding thoughts so far are these:
- Who knew that horseradish and creme fraiche was such a tasty combination?
- Reducing the amount of carbs you’ve been eating for years can give you a headache.
- I’m very good at looking after the baby but not very good at remembering to feed myself.
- Eating every 3 hours is harder than it sounds.
- I can’t poach eggs, (FAIL) but my husband can. (WIN)
- Buying rye bread involves intense discussion (and googling) as we realised we weren’t sure what it was.
- There is no phone reception in Tescos in Burgess Hill – A CLEVER PLOY TO MAKE US BUY MORE!
- I find that whilst I’m enjoying the menus, Treat Night is still chuffing awesome!
So far I feel like I’ve got more energy, though I did have headaches for the first few days. I think this may have been a combination of a big reduction of carbs (I am normally a pasta whore) and a reduction in caffeine (I am, to my shame, a diet coke and latte whore too, though obviously not together!) I’m not really missing eating the carbs, which surprises me, I am missing the ease of a pre-packaged sandwich though. I am missing diet coke and lattes, I hadn’t realised how much time I was spending in coffee shops after play groups! So far I’m finding it easier than I thought I would, which is refreshing to say the least. But that my downfalls or struggles are more ones of habit than anything else, something for me to ponder on I feel!
In other news I’ve been to a couple of the early Friday morning groups sessions and they’ve been fantastic fun, I am particularly appreciative of the variety from week to week. I got the chance to meet a couple of new Potential clients, Helen and Barry L this week, it was great to see some newbies and see how they got on. I also got to see the wondrous thing that is Barry S’ and his Cha Cha in-between exercises! (A sight to behold at 6.30 in the morning!)
So it’s been a good week, I’ve not weighed myself and I’m going to hold off until the end of the challenge, but so far so good!